Semi custom cabinets are manufactured to standard sizes and finishes. However, compared to pre-made cabinets, you have more freedom to decide on the finishing touches.
Personalizing Your Semi Custom Cabinets
There are several modifications and alterations you can make to your kitchen cabinets. Even though there are fewer changes you can make compared to custom cabinets, you can adapt your semi custom cabinetry enough to suit your style and preferences.
Important Factors to Consider
Consider the following factors when deciding how to add the personal touches to your new cabinets.
- The Exterior Style – There are so many different materials and styles available for your cupboard doors. Maybe you want to go for a classic wood design or a more modern plastic.
- The Color – The color makes a huge difference to the appearance of your kitchen. Whites and creams are popular at the moment, but you might prefer dark wood for your cabinetry.
- The Finish – Whether you love glossy kitchen cabinets or you’d like to go for a traditional wooden look, you can choose the finish of your semi custom cabinets. Some companies offer unique finishes by using stains or distressing techniques too.
- Your Kitchen Style and Design – Think about how your cupboards are going to match the rest of your kitchen.
- Interior Organization – figure out your personal needs for space and storage in the kitchen. This may determine the layout and sizing of your new cupboards.