One of the hardest parts of a kitchen remodel project is making sure all the cabinets are in the right place, so they blend in with the existing woodwork. This is especially important when you are doing a whole kitchen revamp, so it is vital to keep your installation plan organized. No matter what type of kitchen cabinets you are installing, you need to plan ahead. Doing this properly will save you a lot of time and effort, and can help you avoid some common mistakes.
Kitchen Remodel Mistakes to Avoid
Here’s how you can avoid those pre-installation problems for your kitchen remodel.
- Make sure your cabinets line up with the walls and other cabinets in the room. Even if they are not technically level, racking them just a few millimeters into or out of position will make much more difference than you might think.
- Work with a professional in the industry. They should be able to tell you if your floor is even enough for the cabinets to rest on, and whether any further support will have to be added. In many cases, you can actually add risers to give the cabinets a little lift off of the ground.
- Don’t forget to do your research. Not all kitchen cabinets are created equal. Make sure you find out what the weight capacity on yours is so that they don’t come crashing down when filled with pots and pans or other heavy items.
- The vast majority of accidents happen within the first 24 hours after installation, so it’s best to get everything done in one day. Have extra time allotted for any issues that may arise.
- If you are planning to let the cabinets sit for a while, remember that humidity can affect them greatly, so try not to leave them in an area where they will be exposed to excess moisture or heat.
- It’s also important to determine how old your cabinets are and what condition they are currently in beforehand.
Trust Your Kitchen Remodel Project to a Professional
To work with a professional for your kitchen remodel, contact the Kitchen Showcase today.